Saturday, September 14, 2013

Tao's Restaurant Bulleen

Today it was my Mum's birthday and my sister thought it would be nice if she took Mum to an expensive Chinese restaurant for lunch. So she went on Facebook and asked her friends. We ended up going to a restaurant called Tao's in Bulleen. Here's our experience!


Restaurant: The lounge is extremely small but was good because not much people were there. The way the restaurant works is you pay them $48 for each person and they give you a menu. There are 6 courses in the menu and you can choose whatever you like. Here's what I got.



Starter: Chef's Seasonal Platter
You couldn't choose the starter but if I got the choice, I would've gone for this one. On the left of the platter was a cup of sliced pumpkins. In the middle was an oyster with the shell still on it. And on the right was a cup of sliced marinated squid. I really liked the seafood but no so much with the pumpkins because I don't really like eating sugary things for starters of a meal. But other people would enjoy this more than me.



Entree: Crispy Wasabi Chicken
This is just basically big pieces of popcorn chicken you buy at KFC but with a dash of wasabi paste in the chicken. What was not basic about this dish though was the presentation. It uses the chicken like the soil of a potted plant. The presentation speaks for itself. This was by far the best dish in the meal.



Soup: Cream of Mushroom
This was an awesome soup and I highly recommend it. It's got a really profound "creamy" flavor and it's not too salty. Extremely impressed.



Main: Tasmania Wilderness Beef Steak
I called for the 60% cooked version and it was awesome. The meat was juicy and tender. I didn't even get time to enjoy it because I just shoved it down my mouth because it tasted so good. Best steak I've ever eaten at a restaurant.



Tao's Rice: MSG + Rice
This was the most disappointing rice I've ever eaten. The restaurant basically just steamed rice and sprayed some Msg on it and gave you small amounts of it to make you think it's really good. I'm pretty sure it's Msg but just another variant or type of it.



Desert: Green Tea Ice Cream
This was once of the best ice creams I've ever had. They mixed the ice cream with some nuts and gave it a crunchy flavor. Then they poured some green tea syrup onto it. The sweetness was just right and this was an awesome end to an awesome meal.

I personally wouldn't go to this restaurant frequently because it was too expensive. Maybe if I was a king I would come here every day because the food is just delicious! The service was outstanding as well. We found a piece of glass in our food and they immediately apologized, gave us free mago juice, and 10% off our bill. Now that's what I call customer satisfaction!







No comments:

Post a Comment